Monday, February 25, 2013

Spongebob SquarePants

So I decided to have some fun drawing today and practice a bit with my line art and coloring.
I first sketched out SpongeBob on regular printing paper, using my HB Mechanical Pencil. Now I did sketch this image using a reference, after all this is practice anyways.
After that I turned on my LightBox and inked the Image using my trusty, Japanese TomBow Brush Pen and my Faber Castell size "M" tip Pen. I was trying my hardest to have the inks make the drawing stand out more by using line variation. 

I then scanned the image and made it a .png file so it would become transparent.
















It's going to look a little weird here because the image is now transparent. After I was satisfied with the transparency, I sent this image to my I-pad.
















Finding the colors for Spongebob were simple enough, but finding the different tones was a little bit tricky. I first laid the simple colors down, having each color have it's own layer. I then decided to go darker with the colors. Then at the end I used simple highlights to bring the drawing come out a little bit more.

















After this I made the background by studying different references  I thought I could of done a little better but I wanted more of my time to go in the actually drawing, rather than the background. And let me just admit, that the flowers in the background are not that easy to do. But this is the final piece of my very first spongebob squarepants drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment